Monday, October 22, 2007

Malaria Strikes

Malaria is no fun. It gives you fevers and chills. Somehow it alters your sense of taste and balance, and it makes everything that is inside you decide to come out. . .and keep coming out. I’m in the final stages of recovering from “plasmodium falciparum with multiple bacterial infections.” The prayers and support of family and friends have really meant a lot. I was graciously hosted by Sam and Lynn Owen for much of my recovery and they’ve helped nourish me back to health. Also, Anne helped me out a lot with an emergency medicine run. Actually, the sickness has not been nearly as bad as it could have been. I’ve felt an unusual sense of peace and encouragement in the midst of it, and I really appreciate the love and care I’ve received. Continue to pray for energy and strength. I’m still really, really tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment